- Security Deposit $500
- Holding Fee $150
- One week rent in advance before contract period commences.
- If you check in before the contract start date, you will also need to pay early arrival rent.
When is my rent due?
Your rent is due fortnightly in advance on a Friday. If you are paying by direct debit, these are the dates on which your rent will be deducted from your account.
My Centrelink payments don't match the direct debit dates, what should I do?
If you find that your Centrelink payments are out of sync with the accommodation direct debit days we ask that you visit or phone your local Centrelink office to discuss the possibility of changing your payment dates to match.
If Centrelink are unable to accommodate your request please make an appointment to discuss your situation with a member of the finance team. Alternately you can email us your details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rent pays for:
- furnished accommodation
- electricity and heating
- access to a self serve laundry (no additional charge but you need to provide your own washing powder)
- shuttle bus service to and from the Hobart campuses
- academic development program
- discounted resident rates for meals at Pepperz Restaurant Café Bar or Saltz Restaurant Café
- access to student clubs
- access to computer labs with internet connection.
It does not cover:
- cleaning of your private room
- university fees
- telephone calls
- internet connection fee from your room
- security deposit
- acceptance fee
- cooking utensils
I'm behind with my rent and struggling with money. What should I do?
Our job is to assist and support you as far as practical. Please feel free to make an appointment to see us and to discuss a realistic outcome. We will make every effort to assist where possible. Either call into the office to discuss or send an email to email@example.com
Here are some useful resources:
- Christ College Foundation Scholarship (please contact us)
I don't think I'll have enough money for my direct debit this fortnight. What should I do?
Either call into the office to discuss or send an email to Enquiries@accommodation.utas.edu.au
My direct debit bounced, what happens now?
You will need to make up the payment by paying in cash at the office, paying by BPAY or paying by credit card over the internet. You will also need to pay an additional direct debit rejection fee, which is currently $32.50.