The University Apartments offer a stimulating and supportive collegiate experience with academic and pastoral care amidst a creative and vital community.
Situated at the top of College Road in Sandy Bay, the apartments sit amidst natural bush providing habitat for native fauna, including the endangered Tasmania swift parrot, which frequents the native blue gum trees. The apartments have sweeping views of the Derwent River, the city of Hobart, Sandy Bay and Tasman Bridge, with Hobart’s Mount Wellington as an impressive backdrop.
The apartments are self-contained, and accommodate 6 people.
There are 29 apartments located on the Sandy Bay campus:
- 28 x six bedroom apartments
- 1 x five bedroom apartment
Each apartment has 2 bathrooms, 2 study areas and a shared living, dining and kitchen area.
Kitchen and cooking
Each apartment boasts a modern fully-equipped self-contained kitchen. In addition residents can purchase meals and basic groceries on site from Pepperz Cafe Bar Restaurant which is open from 11:00am to 7:00pm daily.
Each apartment is fitted out with dining table and chairs, as well as two 2-seater lounge suites and a small coffee table.
A digital television is available in the common area for all apartment residents. In addition to the shared television, each bedroom is equipped with an antenna outlet for your own television if desired.
The lounge area extends to an outdoor balcony, with outdoor table and chairs to sit and enjoy the panoramic views. Within each of the bedroom wings is an additional study area with table and chairs.
Each fully furnished single bedroom contains:
- a king single bed, mattress and mattress protector
- a wardrobe and mirror
- a study desk and drawers
- an ergonomic chair and desk lamp
- internet connection (you must supply your own computer)
- security locks
- pin boards/white boards
- a heater.
All rooms and residential blocks are non-smoking.
Facilities and services
- Laundry facilities
- Discount meals at Pepperz on-site restaurant, open 7 days per week
- Free shuttle bus service
- Weekly tutorial program
- Access to computer lab
- Access to on-site gym
- 24-hour security service
- On-site parking (limited)
- A voluntary student club promotes a number of social events throughout the year, providing the opportunity to socialise and get to know other students. Many of these events are held at Pepperz Cafe Bar Restaurant, on site.
For more information, or to make an application to live here this year or next year, please select a link below.