Who can apply for Homestay?
Homestay is now a successful accommodation option for current/future UTAS students as well as other visitors connected to the university, including:
- Domestic students
- International Students
- English Language Centre (ELC) students
- Study Tour students (4-6 week intensive programs)
- Exchange students
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Visiting researchers
- Visiting academics
Homestay accommodation offers both the Traditional Model and the Flexible Model (Offered in Hobart).
Traditional Model - catered ($270/week; Over18 applicants)
- one bedroom per student (fully furnished bedroom with bed, bed linen, storage space for clothes, desk, chair, light and heating)
- close proximity to public transport and commuting time within 30 minutes to the University
- a welcoming, friendly, and supportive home environment
- three healthy meals per day for the student
- Possibly included Internet/wifi availability
Flexible Model - non-catered (Offered in Hobart)
- private single bedroom in home (as in Traditional Model) with all inclusions except NO MEALS; use of home kitchen to prepare own meals ($235/week) OR
- self-contained flat options (fully furnished; no meals) ($weekly rate varies)
Homestay Accommodation is not guaranteed but subject to suitability and availability at the time of application.