Conference accommodation (Hobart and Launceston)
Want to make your dollar go further when attending a conference?
Why not offer your delegates an accommodation option that provides value for money at the University of Tasmania. We offer on-campus accommodation from late November through to early February each year and welcome groups and individuals.
Hobart: Our Sandy Bay campus is approximately 10 minutes from the centre of Hobart and within five minutes of the Casino, Salamanca Place and most other conference venues. Individual rooms and shared apartment-style accommodation options are available. Pepperz Cafe Bar Restaurant is on site to cater for all your dining requirements. Complimentary laundry facilities and free parking are also on site.
If you need to practice your presentation, check equipment or need additional space to brief and de-brief your attendees, you may also want to consider our onsite function room complete with AV, data projector, wall mounted screen and video conferencing facility.
Launceston: Our Newnham campus is 10 – 15 minutes drive from Launceston CBD and Seaport. Individual rooms and shared apartment-style accommodation options are available. Saltz Cafe Restaurant is on site to cater for all your dining requirements. Complimentary laundry facilities and free parking are also on site.
Please check restaurant opening hours when making your booking.
Conference room (Hobart only)
We offer a competitively priced function space, conveniently located on University Accommodation Campus.
- available for small meetings and workplace assessments through to large workshops, conferences, AGMs or sales events
- a variety of conference room layouts are available for the function and include cocktail, boardroom, banquet or theatre styles
- catering and car parking on site
- expansive views of the picturesque Hobart and Derwent River
- state of the art AV equipment and video conferencing
- centrally located with a ‘blue ribbon’ address of Sandy Bay
For conference bookings or further information please phone +61 3 6226 6978.