- Applications are open to continuing and new students of the University of Tasmania or a UTAS affiliated institution.
- There are accommodation options in both Hobart and Launceston, so please make sure that you select an accommodation option on the campus where you will be studying.
- Demand for residential accommodation is high so we strongly recommend that you apply early. Residencies normally span the full academic year, although a small number of one-semester places are available.
- Applications for accommodation for an English Language Course (ELC), single semester or full academic year must be completed online.
- The application process below can be used to apply for both on and off campus housing, for homestay information please see our homestay application information.
- When you have successfully completed your application you will be given an application number and password. Don’t lose them. You will need them to check on the progress of your application in the future.
- Offers for accommodation are subject to an holding fee of $150 and a security deposit of $500, payable when you accept your offer.
International Students First Study Year Accommodation Guarantee
To assist first year international students in their transition to the University of Tasmania, UTAS provides an accommodation guarantee when the following conditions are met.
Accommodation Guarantee Conditions
To be eligible for the accommodation guarantee, you will need to:
- Be undertaking your first year of study at University of Tasmania (UTAS) in 2018;
- Apply for accommodation as a single student;
- Complete the online accommodation application by 3 November 2017;
- Apply to study full-time in a UTAS degree or study abroad program for 2018;
- International Students: Receive confirmed Offer of Enrolment for your course by 24 November 2017;
- Accept the accommodation offer for a full year contract (February to November), unless you are completing a one-semester study abroad program; and
- Pay the Security Deposit $500.00 and Holding fee $150.00.
- Subject to availability
If you will be under 18 years of age when you arrive in Tasmania and you require the University of Tasmania to complete a CAAW (Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation/Welfare) form to gain your student visa, you are not eligible to apply for accommodation with Student Living until you have turned 18 years of age.
Please contact the International Students Office for further details regarding accommodation options.
Australian Maritime College Students
If you are attending a course at the Australian Maritime College that is classed as a Seafaring Course - for example, Deckwatchkeeper, PreSea, Chief Mate Master, Chief Engineer - or if your course does not run from 17 February to mid November, please apply online using the links below. Once you have registered an account, you will have the option of applying for “AMC Seafaring Vocational Courses”.