Payments due before you arrive
Security Deposit $500
Holding Fee $150
Two weeks rent in advance for contract period commencing 14 February 2016.
If you check in before 14 February 2016, you will also need to pay early arrival rent.
- $100 meal credit (recommended) will allow you to purchase meals in the Dining halls without needing to carry cash, or worry about topping up your account for the first couple of weeks.
- Linen Packs, phone cards, data cables are available at the office.
When is my rent due?
Your rent is due fortnightly in advance on a Friday. If you are paying by direct debit, these are the dates on which your rent will be deducted from your account.
Each payment is for 14 nights, with the exception of the final payment which is for seven nights. You are expected to check out before noon on 13 November 2016.
My Centrelink payments don't match the direct debit dates, what should I do?
If you find that your Centrelink payments are out of sync with the accommodation direct debit days we ask that you visit or phone your local Centrelink office to discuss the possibility of changing your payment dates to match.
If Centrelink are unable to accommodate your request please make an appointment to discuss your situation with a member of the finance team. Alternately you can email us your details at email@example.com.
What is included
What does my rent cover?
Your rent pays for:
- furnished accommodation
- electricity and heating
- access to a self serve laundry (no additional charge but you need to provide your own washing powder)
- shuttle bus service to and from the Hobart campuses
- academic development program
- access to student clubs
- access to computer labs with internet connection.
It does not cover:
- cleaning of your private room
- university fees
- telephone calls
- internet connection fee from your room
- security deposit
- acceptance fee
- cooking utensils
I'm behind with my rent and struggling with money. What should I do?
Our job is to assist and support you as far as practical. Please feel free to make an appointment to see us and to discuss a realistic outcome. We will make every effort to assist where possible. Either call into the office to discuss or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some useful resources:
- Christ College Foundation Scholarship (please contact us)
I don't think I'll have enough money for my direct debit this fortnight. What should I do?
Either call into the office to discuss or send an email to email@example.com
My direct debit bounced, what happens now?
You will need to make up the payment by paying in cash at the office, paying by BPAY or paying by credit card over the internet. You will also need to pay an additional direct debit rejection fee, which is currently $32.50.
What does my security deposit cover?
Your security deposit covers:
- any damage to your room
- any cleaning required in your room or unit after you depart
- any outstanding fees (rent, internet, telephone or general) not paid prior to check out
How do I get a refund of my security deposit?
When you leave, you need to complete and submit a security deposit refund request. This may take up to 30 working days to process. If, after 30 days, you have not received your security deposit refund, either call into the office to discuss or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may receive part of your security deposit back. View your accounts and balance online by logging into theResident Portal and clicking Accounts.